Top 10 Reasons to Join the Chamber
(Costs to Join the Morgan Hill Chamber of Commerce are on the bottom of this page.)
- The Chamber will help promote your business even if you never come to an event; electronic marketing, membership only directories, referrals and a website with over 10,000 hits per month. You become a member and we will promote your business.
- Ribbon Cuttings: New members or members who relocate can get a ribbon cutting. We invite the Mayor, Chamber Ambassadors, Chamber Board of Directors and the City Manager. We invite the Morgan Hill Times to take pictures and your ribbon cutting will be in the paper.
- We produce electronic and hard copy directories that only list Chamber of Commerce members. We distribute them to all members, all local hotels, give them out to new residents, keep them stocked at the Chamber for people looking for referrals. In addition we print and distribute thousands of member specific handouts for area realtors, restaurants, fun things for kids to do, child care centers, hair salons, hotels and motels and so many more. In addition if you supply us your business cards and fliers, we will be happy to stock and distribute them at the Chamber office.
- Advocacy with local governments. We are here to be your advocates with local government.
- We produce the highly popular Friday Night Music Series. As a Chamber Member you are invited to set up a small table or booth to promote your business at no additional charge.
- We also produce The Taste of Morgan Hill festival each September. This event draws 40,000 to 50,000 visitors over the course of the weekend. There are many sponsorship, advertising and volunteering opportunities. In addition, as a Chamber Member you receive lower costs on any booths at the festival.
- We put on business education workshops for member businesses and seminars on things such as changing health insurance regulations, time management/productivity, how to sell, and business goal settings.
- The ability to update your own chamber webpage from direct links from our website. This can include business information, calendar, job listings, photos and videos and even upcoming promotions at your business all at no additional cost to you. Remember we get over 10,000 hits per month. People will see your business.
- Business Leaders Breakfasts, Let’s Do Lunch, and Mixers with other Chamber Members and guests. Great opportunities to interact with your business peers for advice and encouragement.
- We have a lot of fun!!!!
Interesting note: Small businesses represent the largest segment by number of most local chamber membership rolls. Results in the research study by The Shapiro Group, Inc. and Market Street indicate the impact of local chamber membership on small businesses is very powerful. If a consumer knows a small business is a member of its local chamber, the business enjoys a 44 percent increase in its consumer favorability rating, a 51 percent increase in consumer awareness, a 57 percent increase in its local reputation and a 63 percent increase in the likelihood that consumers will patronize the business in the future.
408) 779-9444 17485 Monterey Rd. #105 Morgan Hill, CA 95037 firstname.lastname@example.org
Full List of Chamber Benefits
- Credibility: According to a research study by the Shapiro Group, a small business will increase its local reputation by 57% and enjoy a 63% increase in the likelihood that a consumer will patronize their business if they are part of the local chamber of commerce.
- Free membership to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Free member plaque for promoting your business to your customers.
- Free company logo and description on the Chamber’s website. We get over 10,000 hits per month on our website.
- Free one hour per month of the chamber conference room.
- Complimentary use of our bulk permit mailing stamp.
- Complimentary booth at our Summer Friday Night Music Series.
- Free SCORE business counseling.
- Personalized ribbon cuttings and/or grand opening ceremonies if requested. Published in both the Morgan Hill Times and the Morgan Hill Life Newspapers.
- Referrals to customers, new residents, walk-ins, phone calls and anyone reaching out to the Chamber of Commerce for references.
- Business networking and possible leads at our monthly “Good Morning Morgan Hill Breakfast” (1st Thursday of each month – first breakfast to new members is free so they can introduce their business) and monthly chamber mixers (3rd Thursday of every month – always free to chamber members). Please see our website at www.morganhill.org for more information. New member listing in our monthly newsletter.
- Free Map Quest Link on our website provides precise driving directions to your business location.
- Your own business page on the Chamber’s online business directory on our website; includes links to your website, your logo, photos, videos, map links, links to your social media pages, specials, job openings and a description of your business.
- Ability to participate, give back to the community, and network by acting on our various committees such as: Ambassadors, Economic Development, Education, Environmental Affairs, Government Affairs, Membership and Tourism.
- Digital chamber plaque or logo for your website.
- Complimentary space in chamber lobby and office for brochures and business cards.
- Promote your business. Even if you choose to never attend a chamber event, we are here to promote your business through electronic marketing, membership only directories, referrals and our website with over 10,000 hits per month.
- Partnered with Outdoor Sports Complex to advertise our member restaurants, wineries, retailers, and tourist spots to over 500,000 people per year. They get e-mails with phone numbers, names and addresses before they get to town. Great advertisement.
- Post your events on our website calendar.
- Keywords search added to your listing on chamber website.
- Reduced pricing for booths at the Taste of Morgan Hill (held annually in September). This event draws 40,000 to 50,000 people.
- One on one meetings with professional chamber staff to discuss how to maximize your membership benefits.
- Free subscription to the Chamber of Commerce monthly newsletter.
- We are here to be your advocate with local government.
- Business education workshops for member businesses and seminars.
- Mailing labels for all current members for just $50.00.
- We have a lot of fun!!!!
Costs to Join the Chamber
Please contact the Chamber of Commerce at (408) 779-9444 if you have any questions on pricing.
Your investment is good for one full year from the date you join and we will bill you again the next year at the same time. In general the pricing is as follows:
One time $25.00 fee for processing + Costs below based on number of employees:
1-10 Employees $340.00 per year
11-25 Employees $560.00 per year
26-100 Employees $1,085.00 per year
101+ Employees $1,660.00 per year
Associate/Non-Business Member $240.00 per year
Home Based/Independent Contractor (Includes Realtors etc...) $240.00 per year
Non Profit Organizations 501c3 (no employees)$240.00 per year
Non Profit Organizations 501c6 (no employees)$240.00 per year
Motels/Hotels $335.00 plus $6.00 per room per year
Banks/Savings & Loan (per location) $550.00 per year
Land Development $810.00 per year
Utilities $810.00 per year
Ribbon Cutting for your business. Great advertisements if you are moving or new to the area, re-modeled etc... We charge $150.00 prior to the event, which will be applied to the cost of your future annual renewal. We then get dignitaries to join us and send in pictures and write-ups in for both the Morgan Hill Times and the Morgan Hill Today newspapers.